Baie-des-Chaleurs is one of the major tourist destinations in Gaspesie and has more to it than just tourism. Carleton Marina, a protected water area in the Bay, is known for its business tourism. The tremendous beauty of the Bay and warm waters due to its microclimate makes the beaches one of the best in the world.
The seaside resort with beaches is an area that looks quite grandiose, with mountains sceneries and a climate that is waiting to seduce you. At the Carleton Marina, many events happen, and the feeling of festivity is truly electric. The place is renowned for music festivals, artistic events, sports competition and public markets. The event can be as simple as gathering around the campfire or on the beach with a guitar, all that matters is the celebration, and the Bay is renowned for its celebratory spirit.
Some of the events that dominate are listed:
- Between the months of June and September, the place turns into an art circuit with horticultural and sustainable elements.
- Named the Spectacle de contes, between June and September the storytelling show happens at the foothills of Carleton-Sur-Mer. This year sit with Patrick Dubois who unravels the stories of 1800s Gaspesie. Storytelling will happen every day except Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 pm.
- Between June to October by the mouth of the rivers Gran Pabos experience a nocturnal journey of the meeting between the earth and the sky. The adventure through the forest is an immersive experience. The event is called Nova Lumina.
- Fete de la Saint Jean a Perce is a heritage site where storytellers and musicians gather around three bonfires, wharf and Perce Rock.
- International Garden Festival brings to play in the stunning landscape. The 2017 edition of play on words will happen between June and October. The outdoor play comes with an onscreen amusement. More than 150 gardens were exhibited since its inception in 2000.
- This June and July will see an international artistic event called the Festival en chanson de Petite-Vallee that will be a platform for songwriters and singers where more than thirty shows are likely to be presented.
- Experience fierce mountain race event at four routes on Parc national de la Gaspésie trails. The Grande Traversee du Parc happens between June 30 and July 2. The 165 km and 8500 m vertical drop will be paced by adventure seekers.
- Rencontres internationales de la photographie en Gaspésie happens between July 15 and September 30.
- In August you have the Régates Ecovoile Desjardins happening at Charles Bay a great sailing celebration.
- Marathon de Pouce is a hitchhiking festival in the beautiful landscape of The Matapédia Valley.
- This seaside resort is slowly turning into a business hub with major business houses choosing the destination for conducting various events. In one such event, conducted by Yoga practitioners, leading yogis, promoter of the art, and even yoga prop dealers like Yoga King, were present. If you are interested in conducting such events contact www.tourisme-gaspesie.com for details.
These events are exclusive to Gaspésie and a visit during this period would be great fun. Organize your business events during the festival season and make the most of it.
Know More About : All About Ice Fishing And Hunting Passions